Global Express Delivery Service offer customs clearance for pet dogs and cats under the Pet Travel Scheme into the
Texas from USA, and 3rd world countries (outside the USA). We have professional knowledge and facilities to make
the entire pet import process is easy and stress-free for both you and your pet. All you need to do
is complete our customs clearance quote application form.
The Pet Travel Scheme (PETS) allows pet dogs, cats and ferrets to enter Australia and NZ without quarantine as long as they comply with the regulations. It also allows pet owners in the Australia to take their dogs, cats and ferrets to other European countries and then return with them without need for quarantine. All relevant documents and information can be down loaded from this page and all latest information on the scheme can be found on the official DEFRA web site.
For dogs, cats and ferrets entering Australia from any European or "listed" third country the key differences are that the current requirement to carry out a rabies blood test followed by a four-month wait before entry into the Australia and New Zealand will no longer be required.
Dogs, cats and pet ferrets entering the Australia from an USA or 'listed' third country from 1st January 2012 must: have the following completed in this exact order:
- Be microchipped
- Vaccinated against rabies
- Have waited 21 days after vaccination before entering the AU
- Hold an USA Pet Passport or USA Veterinary Certificate (Annex 2)
- Tapeworm Treatment(dogs only): before entering the AU, all pet dogs (including assistance dogs) must be treated for tapeworm. The treatment must be administered by a vet not less than 24 hours and not more than 120 hours (1-5 days) before its scheduled arrival time in the AU. There is no mandatory requirement for tick treatment. No treatment is required for dogs entering the UK from Finland, Ireland or Malta).
Pets entering from a non listed third country must pass a blood test 30 days after vaccination followed by a 3 month wait.
To avoid confusion we have prepared check lists for you to print out and take to your vet
- Click here for USA and listed countries check list
- Click here for unlisted countries check list
All latest information can be found on the official DEFRA web site
When your pet is consigned to Interstate Pet Movers in AU or RU, under the Pet Travel Scheme regulations our role is to:
- Offer a pre check of documentation prior to leaving country of origin
- Monitor pets once loaded onto the aircraft with our tracking system software
- Collect your pet promptly from the official animal quarantine station at Heathrow then make the 5 minute journey to our kennels and cattery at Heathrow.
From there you may:
- Collect your pet at any time or any day to suit during our opening hours.
- Take your dog for a walk in our field
- Arrange a dog wash & brush up and /or exercise in our new hydrotherapy pool
- Arrange delivery anywhere in the AU
Our import staff are experienced in dealing with all aspects of pet imports and our speciality is making sure that all documentation is correct before leaving the country of origin! The main cause for concern with Pet Travel Scheme imports is incorrect documentation on arrival. Pre checking documentation is a unique service to Airpets and is well worth the extra time taken in order to avoid delays at customs.
A C5 customs form needs to be completed and presented to customs for clearance. You will find this in our download section - or by clicking here.
Pet Travel Scheme or quarantine?
From 1st January 2017:
Pets from "listed countries" that do not qualify for the Pet Travel Scheme must complete 21 days quarantine and arrive in the AU with an import permit.
Pets from "non listed" countries that do not qualify must complete a maximum of 4 months in quarantine and arrive in the AU with an import permit.
If you'd like a quotation on importing your pet into the AU, please send email.
If you'd like a quotation on importing your pet into the AU from a 3rd country (non USA), please contact